It is essential for everyone to ensure the house stays in perfect condition. You should wire your house right to stay away from dangerous conditions in future. A house can be safeguarded, if wiring is done systematically with extreme care. Mentioned below are some of the tips provided by the best wire cable suppliers on how to choose the right electrical wire for your home.
It is important to note that there is a difference between cable and wire. While both are vital for household, cable basically is a collection of wires bound together. Wires are made using copper and aluminum, but it is recommended to use copper wires as they hard-wearing and best conductor of electricity.
Choose wires as per the requirements
Wires come in diverse width. A broad wire enables a greater amount of current to flow through them efficiently, while a thin wire enables less current to flow through them. Thus, if you are using appliances with higher electricity load, then it is recommended to use broader wire to send out more current. If your house is very old, then you should rewire it with copper wire as soon as possible. Old aluminum wires can cause electrical incidents in your home, so rewiring should be done with copper wires. It is safer to rewire a house with top quality copper wire in every three years.
Reasons for choosing copper wires
Copper is known for being a good conductor of electricity. There are many other reasons that explain why copper wires are better than aluminum wires, some of which are mentioned below.
- Copper is the best conductor of electricity and this is the primary reason copper wire is preferred for electrical work.
- Copper wire can be installed easily and it is known for its hardness, durability, flexibility and strength and this makes it an ideal choice for electrical work.
- Copper is a corrosion resistant metal and keep pollution, humidity and moisture away.
Before you look for the top wire and cable manufacturers in india, you should know how to select wires and cables:
- Pay attention to the voltage of the wire or cable which you are planning to buy. The insulation breakdown voltage of a cable is defined by the manufacturer post testing. If the specification is higher than the system voltage, then everything is perfect.
- Focus on the wire’s durability and strength. Choosing a cable of suitable strength has more to do with common sense. The cables that are used in mobiles are of very tiny size. The cable wadding should also be lenient to other substances which it may get in contact with. The cables which are used in engine bays need to be fuel and oil resistant.
- Another thing that you need to focus on is the capability of the wire/cable to deal with currents securely without overheating. It can be planned from the current that goes through via the cable and its conflict.
These are some of the things that you should take into consideration when buying wires and cable. Make sure that the wire supplier you choose offers a vast range of wires and cables to match the needs of various customers.