Get Relief from Knee Pain by Knee Surgery
It is a very common thing that people suffer from knee pain at any age for different reasons and knee surgery is essential for them to get relief from that condition. At present the most common cause of knee pain is arthritis and mainly the type of arthritis is osteoarthritis which is related to wear away the cartilage of our knee. Sometimes knee problems are introduced by the injuries of tendons and ligaments. Injury to ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) is caused by twisting position suddenly. Depending on the knee problems, knee replacement is recommended by the doctor that leads to knee surgery. When conservative treatments become failure to provide a good result, different surgical options are followed according to the problems.
Preparation before surgery
Different health issues should be controlled before surgery. Especially, be confirmed about the absence of any fungal or bacterial infectious problems. Infections, which spread through the circulation of blood, create problems after the surgery of knee joints. Keep away smoking and stress and add Vitamin C enriched food to your diet for the enhancement of the healing procedure of knee surgery.
Precautions after surgery
A strict and well-planned chart regarding your daily work and diet should be followed after the knee surgery. Moreover, the success, as well as the failure of the surgery, will depend on this. Sufficient rest and restricted activity are important to get the recovery perfectly. According to your knee surgery, various physical therapy and exercises are essential to enhance your recovery.
Various types of knee surgery
- Arthroscopy: Another name of Arthroscopy is Meniscectomy which is made to remove the part of meniscus cartilage of knee joint and is used to trim for getting relief from the problem that is created by the torn meniscus because meniscus acts as shock proofing wedge-shaped of cartilage which is located between the two ends of the bones producing strength and cushioning.
- Repair of Meniscus: This surgical method is made to repair the meniscus that has been damaged. Repairing of the meniscus helps for restoring the natural anatomy of the structure of the knee and long lasting effect.
- Lateral release:Movement of kneecap up and down in groove that is made of cartilage is normal. But, when kneecap becomes dislocated from grooves, it causes pain to bend the knee joint. By making loose to the ligaments kneecap can be adjusted with the surgery of lateral release.
- Plica Excision: A leftover remnant tissue becomes prominent which is called plica and resection of plica is made for removing the irritation created tissue.
- Microfracture: Damage of the small cartilage in the knee joint is called microfracture and healing process can be done by the knee surgery.
- Reconstruction of ACL: In case of injury in ACL, the major ligament that controls the stability of the knee, replacement of ligament is needed for regaining stability.
- Repairing of Patellar or Quadriceps Tendon: A surgical repair is made for the injury of Patellar or Quadriceps tendon which is related to the problem of straightening the
- Surgery for knee replacement: Implantation for replacement of plastic and metal knee for functioning like a fresh knee joint.
All of these surgeries are made by the top knee surgeons in India and you can get relief from the problems of knee joints.