Scar removal Sydney: What you should know
Scars may last forever. Some scars can cause self image problems that may affect the person’s self esteem and overall emotional entity. Scar marks may also be from trauma like accidents. No person would want and should live with that.
Of course there are some available creams in the market today that can help you get rid of those scars. But those creams might take too long before it can help you. Fortunately, there are scar removal procedures that can help you instantly remove those scars.
What is scar removal?
Scar Removal Sydney is the procedure that can help thin out the scar and eventually remove them. Scars come in shapes and sizes and there are different ways of treating them:
- Kloid scars – This type of scar appears whenever there’s an overproduction of collagen.
- Burn scars – Severe burns that destroy large sections of skin cause the skin to heal in a puckered way. As the skin heals, muscles and tendons may be affected in this “contracting” movement.
- Facial scars – This scar can be unattractive while some are even more fatal because they affect the muscle movement in the face.
- Hypertrophic scars – Unlike keloids, do not grow out of the boundaries of the scar area, but because of their thick, raised texture, can be unsightly and may also restrict the natural movement of muscles and tendons.
If there are different types of scars, there are also different kinds of scar removal procedures. Here are some of them:
- Chemical peels – This type of scar removal procedure removes sun damaged skin, superficial scars, and of course irregular pigmentation. Chemical application removes the top layer of the skin.
- Cryosurgery – Cryosurgery freezes the scar and ultimately reduce its size.
- Dermabrasion – This is a common procedure used to minimize small scars and unharmful scars. It involves removing the top layers of the skin.
- Laser resurfacing – Laser resurfacing uses high-energy light to burn away damaged skin. Laser resurfacing may be used to minimize wrinkles and fine scars.
- Scar surgery – This procedure is meant for scars that are bigger and more harmful than the usual. Scar surgery removes the entire scar and then will tie it up with the new skin underneath.
Is scar removal surgery for you?
Different types of scars respond to different treatments. It will be for the best if you consult your doctor first before setting up an appointment. Getting your skin analyzed is a must. The doctor will ask you the following questions before you set up for an appointment:
- Skin type and color
- Ethnic background
- Individual healing rates
What should you expect?
Remember that the following are just some general reaction from scar removal surgery. It will still be based on the treatment that you will get from the doctor.
- There’s a general discomfort when during the procedure. Some swelling and redness might happen but they will be subdued in no time.
- Skin care procedures should be given by the doctor. Your doctor will create a list of creams that you will take after the procedure. He or she will also recommend foods that you will intake during the post treatment phase.
- It is very important that you avoid any medication until your doctor tells you that it is okay to take some. Remember that open communication with your doctor is very important.
Not sure which treatment to get? Consult a trusted doctor first before you set up an appointment. Do a thorough research and make sure that you choose a clinic that you can truly trust.